HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Yaga - Best Recent Content - Permission Problem - Anonymous mode

Hi,

We recently installed Yaga on the latest vanilla. We hit an error on /best page when user is not signed in. Any ideas?

Permission Problem

You don't have permission to do that.

Trace

#0 /home/xxx/public_html/library/core/functions.general.php(1789): permissionException()

#1 /home/xxx/public_html/applications/yaga/models/class.actedmodel.php(477): getRecord('comment', 6)

#2 /home/xxx/public_html/applications/yaga/models/class.actedmodel.php(390): ActedModel->GetRecord('comment', 6)

#3 /home/xxx/public_html/applications/yaga/models/class.actedmodel.php(317): ActedModel->Prepare(Array)

#4 /home/xxx/public_html/applications/yaga/controllers/class.bestcontroller.php(52): ActedModel->GetRecent(10, 0)

#5 /home/xxx/public_html/library/core/class.dispatcher.php(862): BestController->Index(0)

#6 /home/xxx/public_html/library/core/class.dispatcher.php(279): Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatchController(Object(Gdn_Request), Array)

#7 /home/xxx/public_html/index.php(29): Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatch()

#8 {main}

Comments

• Just trying to understand if this permission issue was planned by YAGA authors or it's specific due Vanila new version arrives, Me to interested to understand the logic of these fact. Anyone who knows, thumbs up please.

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    edited November 2019

@peterlu: Where did you take the YAGA version from? The one in the addon repository is outdated but there are working versions floating versions around on Github. Drop me a PM, I can send you a copy of an updated version I run under 3.2.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • Is there a solution for version 2.8? I've noticed that there a problem with /best page is that quest doesn't have canView permission.