HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Doubt about index

Hi! It's possible to show the categories and recent posts on the whole at the index?

I saw the option for categories or recents post but not both.

Comments

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    edited November 2019

The regular discussion list layout shows the recent discussions in the main area and the categories in the panel.

There is a mixed layout showing both (categories and their recent discussions) to be found in the dashboard settings under “Layout”. You’ve seen that?

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • Hi phreak, it isn't what I'm searching. I wanna see all in the center... categories first followed by recent discussions, anything at lateral boxes/panel.

• rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

@sasu8 - I'd think that one could use the categories module (vanilla/applications/vanilla/modules/class.categoriesmodule.php) logi with the slight change of the target changed from the side panel to the main content and then (depending on sort order) you would get the result you may wish to get...

That may require to use the AfterPageCalculation hook in discussionscontroller to add "$sender->addModule('CategoriesModule');"

if you look at the source you will see that the hook is trigerred few lines above where the addmodule statements are issues. Of course you will have to change the name of said module. I think you should be able to proceed from here

• rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

Also, I d change the title for this discussion...