HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Could anyone please help to make it compatible with the new Vanilla 3.3 version?

Hello,

This is a very nice plugin and I want to use it, but unfortunately it is not working with the current Vanilla 3.3 version (I'm not surprised as it's a very old plugin)

When I click the "Request Friendship" button, a pop up window appears with "Page Not Found" (Please see the attached image)

Getting this error in console log- Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()

https://www.domain.com/forum/plugin/Friendships.json/RequestFriendship/12

I know it's a very old plugin, but it's really a very useful and nice plugin, hope someone could help to fix it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Kind Regards

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I'm fixing the Friendships plugin right now and I already made huge progress. Expect the new version to be uploaded today (that's roughly said in the next ten hours).

Please consider it as being part of this "arrangement"

• Thank you so much for your kindness!

I love this community, the staff members and moderators are great and very kind to help.

This is the most helpful and supportive community I’ve ever seen.

And your idea to spread the love and kindness is awesome 👏

I’m going to offer some free stuff on my website and ask the people to do something good 👍

Hope our small effort make some changes in our society.

• Thank you so much for updating the plugin!! Very much appreciated.

It is working like a charm!!

I have a few questions-

1. Is there any way to receive notifications for the friend requests? I'm getting emails but not receiving notifications.
    2. Is there any way to show the user names on the friend's list with an "Unfriend" link next to it? Please see the attached image to understand what I mean. Currently, it is showing only the user's profile thumbnails.

And I'm having a strange problem, it might not be related to the plugin, but I'm not sure about that.

I've disabled the unique user name function because my website only allows registrations/login using email address, I'm using JsConnect plugin for SSO.

So there are two users with the same user name "Test", when I confirm a friend request using one of these profiles, it redirects me to the other user's profile who has the same user name as mine.

And here is why I thought that it might not be related to this plugin-

Because it is doing the same when I try to mention one of them in any post, it always picks the older profile from the list, even clicking the new user's name.

For example, when I write @test it shows both users in the drop down list-

1. Test
    2. Test

And no matter which one I click, it always picks the first profile.

So it might be a problem with Vanilla, but I'm not sure about that.

I tried my best to describe, if there is anything which I couldn't explain properly then please let me know.

Thank you so much for your help and support.

Kind Regards.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I fixed the plugin. I thought about rewriting it because I thought some things should be solved differently, e.g. showing the user names.

The "unfriend" option might make sense, but I think it would look terrible. Unfriending is possible by visiting the profile of the befriended user. Even if I would rewrite that plugin I wouldn't include such links. There is not much room in the panel...

Duplicate user names are a problem. It is hard to implement everything in a way that both possibilities (user IDs and user names) are used correct. I personally tend to ignore forums where duplicate user names are allowed. The plugin redirects to profile/username and not /profile/123. Therefore it always shows one of the users only and never the second one. The plugin could be created to handle them correctly.

If you are using the Rich Editor it should be possible to mention 2 different users that have the same name. If that's not working, you should file an issue on GitHub.

• I'm using the rich editor and still having the problem with the duplicate user names.

I'm using Prestashop for my website and there are many users with same names (Not user names) and JsConnect plugin uses the names as user name to create the account when a user first time visits the forum, and when I enable the unique user name function, it asks to enter a new user name when it detects a duplicate user name for the new user, I want to skip that step and that's why I disabled the unique user name function.

I'll try to file an issue on the GitHub soon.

And I hope you'll get some time in the future to edit the plugin to show the user names on the friend's list and also enable the notifications for the friend request.

I appreciate you for fixing the plugin, at least it's working now 😊

Thank you so much!

Kind Regards