HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

3.3 Importing a 2.1 database or converting

Hello,

I am stuck with updating my 3.3 databse from my previous 2.1 build. I tried the recommended method of installing the 3.3 files and using the utility/structure feature, but this does not work.

I then created a new database, uploaded some files from a development version I have been working with and the site works with the development postings.

Now I want to update the 3.3 database with the content stored in the 2.1 database and I keep getting an error in MyPHP Admin.

How do I import an old DB into a 3.3 DB?

I have taken the site down (so there are a bunch of users waiting for a response.

Thank you!

Comments

• Options

I have also done the repair for the "Unknown column 't.FullName' in 'field list' issue addressed in a previous discussion.

• Options

I am trying to import the 3.3 db I have into the older 2.1 db. I get this error...

• Options

You might be better off updating incrementally.

ie. 2.1 -> 2.2 -> ... -> 2.8.x and then the 3.x series.

Probably too big a jump and something almost no one has done.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

If the recommended way fails and you try another approach and that fails, too, you should go back to the recommended approach, nor?

What does "but this does not work." mean?

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin
  • Options

I see them as different issues, but I can keep things to one thread.