HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

RJ's Like Plugin

I wanted to download RJ's Like plugin, but it seems that the download is not available, @R_J any news/infos about it?

Addon not found.

The addon you were looking for could not be found.

Tagged:

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I started to prefix my plugins so that the like plugin is called "rj-like" instead of "like". But a dash in the name causes problems in the download section. I hope that will be fixed soon:

Until then, you can download any of my plugins from GitHub:

• greenkgreenk New
    edited December 2019

Thank you sir

/edit

i wanted to ask, is this plugin getin go become core function of the forum?

Because i m thinking about to migrate my forum to discourse, because Vanilla is far away from "social" functions which discourse have.

And it makes no sense for me to buy "premium" package from Vanilla for a forum with monthly 800k impressions, this would cost me like 5 dedicated servers just for having reactions/likes..

1. No, that plugin will not become official. But if you like it, where is the difference?

2. There are plans to open source the official reactions plugin, but no time line as far as I know. Reactions are superior to my plugin. That's one of the reasons why my plugin surely will never become part of the official release

3. There is no best forum, blog, cms or whatever script. If there is a forum script which is better suited you should use it.

4. The paid version does not only differ in the reactions plugin. There are a bunch of additional benefits. Especially if you have a forum the hosted solution might be a wise choice

• Works nicely. Good work!

• greenkgreenk New
    edited January 2020

@R_J sir i have moved my whole forum to new server, similar configuration as the old one, but still i m geting error caused by your plugin:

require_once('/var/www/domen...')\n#5 {main}\n thrown in /var/www/domain.com/plugins/rj-like/LikePlugin.php on line 71

This happens on php7.2, on php7.3 and on 7.4 version..

Any idea howto fix this sir?

/edit

i have installed clean vanilla 3.3 before on the server to test everything, and everything was good so far.. but without your plugin

Sounds as if you are not using the correct version. Download it from here

Don't forget to delete the old plugin.

• This version i have used from begin on, right now download it again, and replaced the files with the old ones, and the same error..

Is there any chance do disable the plugin trough phpmyadmin/database in the settings and to delete the folder after that?

You can disable it by editng the /conf/config.php file. search for $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['rj-like'] = true; and change i to $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['rj-like'] = false;

• Still the same problem.. 🙄

Search through the enabled plugins in your config and disable them by setting them to "false". After that you can go to the dashboard and re-enable them

• I wonder if someone might explain to me how I use the zip I downloaded from Github?

I've downloaded the zip rj-like-master and unzipped it, I end up with a folder by the same name with two files in it. I've moved that folder to my Vanilla plugins folder, and the plugin does appear in the Plugins list, but clicking it returns an error...

I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong with the folder I downloaded, but no idea what!

You need to rename the folder. Just delete the "-master" from the name

• MStalMStal New
    edited March 2021

I've installed this plugin but the button "like it" pops up only on the first page of the thread. Every thread, no matter which category. In the second, third, etc page - I don't see the button, no matter if on admin profile, or test user (with regular user permissions).

Not sure what happened?

• @R_J probably I do something wrong, or maybe this plugin interfers with other plugins?

Every thread, I see "like it" only in first page.