HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Statistics not working

Hey,

Just wondering why my statistics wouldn't be working? Installed Vanilla yesterday, and the graph isn't updating... I'd expect it to say at least 1 comment and definitely to have views.

I don't want to put time and effort into building my forum with Vanilla if this isn't working.

Comments

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    edited January 2020

Hi @chriscurran,

Make sure your installation is complete and all files and folder are up. Generally it should work fine and delivers stats within 24 hours, although its known to have its hickups some time. Give it 2-3 days.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

And make sure there are no Javascript errors on your page. Vanilla requires pretty urls running otherwise there will be problems with the statistics

• pitkmipitkmi scifi-meshes.com

Adblockers (and other privacy tools) might be blocking the script as well, if you're blocking tracking attempts online (which you probably should be this day and age). I know Ublock Origin seems to block the statistics on pretty much default settings.

Check the console and adblocker log for blocked javascript (vanillastats/js/vanillastats.js and /settings/analyticstick.json and possibly analytics.vanillaforums.com). Whitelist them in the blocker and your stats should be good to go, if that was indeed the issue.