HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Categories and sub categories version 3

Hi, how do you stop members posting in the main category? I only want them to post in the sub categories. If you set custom permissions in the main category to stop members posting, unfortunately it stops them posting in the sub categories as well.

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Set the main category as Heading

• Ah thanks. One other thing is the (latest) software compliant with the new release of PHP? (php 7.4.1)

• To answer my own question, the software seems to be running fine on PHP 7.4.1

• charrondevcharrondev Developer Lead (PHP, JS) Montreal Vanilla Staff

That's great to here! We're currently planning on updating on Vanilla Cloud, but our examining some potential upgrade issues in cloud-only addons.

We actually haven't started running our automated tests on PHP 7.4 yet (because it just came out), but now that it's out and XDebug is ready for it, it should be added soon.

There seem to be some pretty nice speed improvements in the latest version, which I'm looking forward to.