HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How to change cookie name?

Hello,

I have 2 separate installations of Vanilla forum 2.4.201, one serving a French community, and the other an English community.

I would like to integrate them both with my membership software but that is not possible because of Vanilla's cookie name which is the same in both installations.

Is it possible to change Vanilla's cookie name in one of these installations?

I found an old thread from 2013 suggesting to add the following code to /conf/config.php but I'm not having luck with this. Is this the correct code and I am inserting it in the right file?

$Configuration['Garden']['Cookie']['Name'] = 'newcookienamehere';

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

Oops. It was late when I posted this and I realize now that I am asking about a Vanilla 2.X challenge in the Vanilla 3.X help section, so allow me to rephrase as it is high time for me to upgrade anyway. How would I change Vanilla's cookie name in 3.3? Thanks!

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I just added $Configuration['Garden']['Cookie']['Name'] = 'V33'; to my /conf/config.php

After that I opened my test forum from an anonymous tab and logged in. It used the new cookie name. Maybe you have to log out before it changes...