HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

newbie with a new install. release/2019.017 on a R.PI.3b+

during install i saw this

--------------

Package phpunit/phpunit-mock-objects is abandoned, you should avoid using it. No replacement was suggested.

Generating autoload files

> Vanilla\Setup\ComposerHelper::postUpdate

Installing core node_modules

sh: 1: yarn: not found

Installing core node_modules failed

-----------------

and then when i tried to goto Http://ipaddr/vanilla/

i get thrown this

-------------------

Class 'Locale' not found

The error occurred on or near: /var/www/html/vanilla/applications/dashboard/controllers/api/LocalesApiController.php

99: 

100:     $populate = function (array &$row, array $locales) {

101:       $displayNames = [];

102:       foreach ($locales as $locale) {

103:         $displayName = \Locale::getDisplayLanguage($row["localeKey"], $locale);

104: 

105:         // Standardize capitalization

106:         $displayName = mb_convert_case($displayName, MB_CASE_TITLE);

107: 

Backtrace:

[/var/www/html/vanilla/applications/dashboard/controllers/api/LocalesApiController.php:117] LocalesApiController->{closure}();

[/var/www/html/vanilla/applications/dashboard/controllers/api/LocalesApiController.php:45] LocalesApiController->expandDisplayNames();

[/var/www/html/vanilla/library/Vanilla/Models/LocalePreloadProvider.php:36] LocalesApiController->index();

[/var/www/html/vanilla/library/Vanilla/Web/JsInterpop/ReduxActionPreloadTrait.php:51] Vanilla\Models\LocalePreloadProvider->createActions();

[/var/www/html/vanilla/library/core/class.controller.php:1967] Gdn_Controller->getReduxActionsAsJsVariable();

[/var/www/html/vanilla/library/core/class.controller.php:1471] Gdn_Controller->renderMaster();

[/var/www/html/vanilla/library/core/class.pluggable.php:217] Gdn_Controller->xRender();

[/var/www/html/vanilla/applications/dashboard/controllers/class.setupcontroller.php:155] Gdn_Pluggable->__call();

[/var/www/html/vanilla/library/core/class.dispatcher.php:872] SetupController->index();

[/var/www/html/vanilla/library/core/class.dispatcher.php:289] Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatchController();

[/var/www/html/vanilla/index.php:29] Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatch();

-------------------------------

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

If you want to simply run Vanilla, you should download the zip from here. I assume that's what you wanted.

If you really want to build it from the sources on GitHub, you must be aware that you will not always find a stable build version over there. You need to find a working branch and run the build process afterwards.

• Thank you for your repsonse. i was not trying to build anything from code. i thought i was following a guide

https://websiteforstudents.com/setup-vanilla-forums-on-ubuntu-18-04-16-04-18-10-with-nginx-mariadb-and-php-7-2-fpm/

followed steps. trying to install on a headless pi

using sudo git clone --branch release/3.3 https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla.git

also rm'd dir and tried release 2019-017?? as per some update post i saw about security necessity

Okay, understood. But the build process for the repo on GitHub might change from time to time. Therefore it is not wise to follow this old tutorial on that step. Instead of cloning the Vanilla repo, use the zip from the link which requires no build step

• will rm 'ing the dir be enough of an uninstall? or should i wipe the pi and start over?

Thank You for your responses

There is this step where you got stuck, I guess

cd /var/www/html
    sudo git clone --branch release/2.7 https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla.git
    cd /var/www/html/vanilla
    sudo composer install

The git repo has been cloned to /var/www/html/vanilla. Simply remove that vanilla subfolder. No need to start all over. If you unzip the file linked above, it will be unzipped in a folder called "package" I guess. move that package folder to /var/www/html and rename it to vanilla.