HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Search Settings

In my forum, the search just looks for keywords in the body and not the title. How can you enable title searching?

Comments

• manticore789manticore789 Down Under New

I use Google Search instead, set up as a Pocket. Much better.

• Would Google not return results from rival sites as well?

No.

You sign up to Google lock in your domain, and results are returned accordingly. I've been doing this for years.

It also serves a purpose that your pages are identified in search engines and that it complies with Google's submission criteria.

Check out the Google Search panel (toward the top of the page) on my website: https://glorydazemusic.com, which uses a Bootstrap 3 theme.

• remove the padding of .table

and remove default search box

then search box will be clear

beautiful theme

Will do thanks.

• ianw5555ianw5555
    edited March 2020

I came across this script that lets you search your site with google in that way

<script type="text/javascript">
    var domainroot="www.yourdomain.com"
    function Gsitesearch(curobj){
    curobj.q.value="site:"+domainroot+" "+curobj.qfront.value
    }
    </script>
    <form action="https://www.google.com/search" method="get" onSubmit="Gsitesearch(this)">
    <input name="q" type="hidden" />
    <input name="qfront" type="text" style="width: 180px" /> <input type="submit" value="Search" />
    </form>

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@ianw5555 Your comment was caught in the spam queue. Therefore that delay. I have formatted the code block to increase readability

@ianw5555 I use Google Search for deep dive Search Analytics, not sure that script would do the job.