HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Stats Box settings on v.3.3

The plugin can be installed and activates correctly on v.3.3, but changes made to the settings to show/hide elements or to disable the default style can't be saved -or- have any effect when they're toggled.

Comments

• MrCaspanMrCaspan
    edited March 2020

What does your stats look like because I tried to enable Stats Box on 3.3 and this is what mine looks like!!

• BTW looking at the code now.. Should not be hard to update to support 3.3 Let me have a try and get back to you.

• I have almost got this working I just need it to view properly on the discussions page

• Try using this Plugin. I have made it so you can save. There is an issue if your discussion page is in Table format, That's why mine looked so screwed up but for now it will work till i fix the table part. Disable and completely delete your old StatsBox folder and upload mine. Ill talk to the developer to hopefully add these changes to make it work with 3.3

• They don't look bad on the discussions page, but they do seem to affect the category page by expanding the right edge of the list by about the same width as they do on the discussions. The screengrabs below are in Firefox in desktop mode,

Enabled on discussions page...

... and on the categories page ...

I've modified the CSS slightly on Keystone

• humantexhumantex New
    edited March 2020

Sorry... ended up with a double-post. Thanks for the edits. I'll give it a try tomorrow with a fresh set of eyes.

• The save functions seem to be working okay with your changes @MrCaspan ... Thanks for taking the time.

There are still some formatting issues on the category page. They're pretty minor on desktops, but when viewed on mobile devices (in my case, a MotoX g.2, and a Moto E4 Plus), 1/3 of the width is taken up by the hidden inner elements who's containers still have a width attribute active.

I haven't dug too deep into the code, but my guess is that all the parent Stats Box containers need visibility: hidden; CSS rules applied to them when shown under the #vanilla_categories_index ID -and/or- some kind of PHP if/then or case rules to remove them from display when categories are selected.

• Yeah I want this plugin for my site too so I figured fixing it would get 2 birds stoned at once :)

Once I figure out the formatting issues Ill let you know and re upload again

• MrCaspanMrCaspan
    edited March 2020

Open the CSS file and go to line 79 and comment out the CSS for

/*
    ul.DataList div.Options {
     float: none;
     width: auto;
     position: absolute;
     top: 2px;
     right: 156px;
    }
    */

That will fix the layout issue till i have more time to look at why that is even there. Not my plugin so not sure why its there. I might enhance the plugin to allow a check box for "Hide on category page" or "hide on discussion page" giving the user the option to show it only on discussion or category view..

• humantexhumantex New
    edited March 2020

I ended up reworking the CSS to qualify the non-StatsBox elements by prefacing them with #vanilla_discussions_index . Essentially I didn't take the time to go through every element one-by-one to determine which one applied only to the plugin. I assumed (maybe, incorrectly) that the plugin's author needed to reset or override some of the CSS for some reason, so I opted to make everything very page-specific instead.

The end result is probably the same as your solution... i.e. :

#vanilla_discussions_index ul.MessageList div.Meta {
     position: relative;
    }

#vanilla_discussions_index ul.DataList div.Options {
     float: none;
     width: auto;
     position: absolute;
     top: 2px;
     right: 156px;
    }

Aside from that, it looks like everything else is as it should be. I'm still dev-ing the site this will work in, so I can't speak to accuracy in counts or other functionality.

• MrCaspanMrCaspan
    edited March 2020

that works also but sometime it is used to overwrite CSS from the default CSS