HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Comment & registration plugin

Hi there!

I found that sometime people want to answer a question (in case of a new forum) but they don't want to spend time on registration. So I want to build a form that combines registration and posting a comment, see below. When a user clicks "submit" button three things will happen:

1) it creates a new user

2) it creates a new post for this user

3) it creates a new session, so the user doesn't need to log in to keep posting.

Can somebody give me directions on how to start, which classes to modify?

Initially, I want to develop a draft version without any validation

PS: Hopefully it will be useful for people who start with a new empty forum.

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Not sure how difficult that would be. Don't think about modifying classes. Changing Vanillas behavior happens by adding a plugin, not by changing existing files.

There is a plugin which seems to have similar intentions to what you are trying to achieve: https://open.vanillaforums.com/addon/commentbeforeregister-plugin

• Options

Thanks RJ! This is pretty much what I need.

It might be too much to ask...

Do you know if it is possible to redirect a user to Registration form instead of SignIn? As I am going to send a link to some posts to new users who are not registered yet.

• Options

One more question. What classes are responsible for rendering the discussion screen where "Leave a comment" form resides?

I quickly scanned the code, and it looks like these are:

applications/vanilla/views/post/discussion.php

applications/vanilla/views/post/comment.php

correct me if I am wrong.