Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Likes Count not working

This discussion was created from comments split from: 2.2 Compatibility.

Comments

• I upgraded from Vanilla 2.1.10 to 2.3.1 last night and posts that exist are fine but any new posts register 15 Likes and gives me the "page not found" error as described by the OP when I click on the Unlike button (it is automatically liked). Also, only a problem on the original post, and responses behave normally. Also looks like the image on the Like button is broken:

I'm pretty sure I have mod-rewrite and pretty URLs enabled. Config file has:

$Configuration['Garden']['RewriteUrls'] = true;

There's something I'm supposed to check for in .htaccess too, right? Pretty sure it's there (was checking things last night).

Only a problem with top-level new posts.

• edited November 2017

So yeah, in looking at default.php in the plugin it looks like "icon-thumbs-up" is not resolving (see image above).

Oh, and BTW, the site has 15 active members so when you do a new post it thinks everybody has liked it even before anyone has seen it.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I've split your question from that old question, since I don't see the connection.

Have you checked how the database looks? Are there really entries in the table GDN_AllLikes for those new discussions? That would show if the problem is on the "save" procedure or on the "read" procedure

• I was hoping this mod would work lol. Then again I know it's an older plugin. Enabling doesn't change anything. No like button.

• Has anyone managed to get this working with Vanilla 3.3? I've installed the plug-in and changed user permissions, but still nothing shows up.

Thanks

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@markbyatt I've rewritten something similar which you might like to try: https://github.com/r-j/rj-like