HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to make registration working on localhost

Hi.

I am using vanilla 3.3. I have installed on my localhost using apache 2.4 and php 7.3.

The issue I have is that the basic registration form requires new users to use reCAPTCHA. I have tried to configure recaptcha but looks like localhost domains are no longer supported by default for google recapcha. Any idea how to fix it?

So I have working forum on my localhost but can not register new users without recaptcha. And can not setup recaptcha on localhost?

Comments

• For now I have found a hacky way to overcome this. I will share it here for other facing same issue:

Goto file applications\dashboard\models\class.usermodel.php and aprox on line 3136, inside function insertForBasic skip captchavalidation commenting line:

$captchaIsValid = Captcha::validate();

and replace this line with:

$captchaIsValid = true;

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

you can achieve that much easier. Just put that at the end of your /conf/config.php:

$Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['SkipCaptcha'] = true;

• Ha ha ha ... I had do so much php exercise instead of simple configuration .. thanks!