HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

custom homepage

Hi,

I'm using latest version of Vanilla with default theme, I would like to use custom homepage with my own content. This page should have custom html formatted text only (with information about community, etc) with standard forum navbar and sidebar.

So, if you open website myforum.tld , instead of discussions or categories site, a custom page should be displayed. Is there a simple way to do this, preferably without plugins, I can edit the code.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

You could install Vanilla in a subfolder myforum.tld/forum and use the root index.html as your homepage.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • Options

I thought about it at the beginning but this is a partial solution, a separate html site will not have the same design as forum and without the same header and sidebar. I bought domain especially for the forum, with forum in domain name , I wish URL were as short as possible and not myforum.tld/forum/discussion/1234/.../ etc.

Is there no other way to add a separate page with some text. I tried to edit default.master.tpl file but the content was displayed on every forum page.