HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

SEO not working for newer forums?

Hello!

Lets get started right away. I have a forum located on domain(dot)com/forum and for some reason Google refuses to index the forum except for the category pages and profile pages.

I made sure that all threads are allowed to be crawled, gave google my updated sitemap, and its still not getting indexed. This is odd because the main domain is indexed fully and ranking, just not the forum.

At the start I figured it was because there was almost no content but after 150+ threads you would think something would get indexed.

The website in question:

What should I do?

Comments

• x00x00 MVP
    edited May 2020

The links aren't prevented from being crawled. I used this to check https://robhammond.co/tools/seo-crawler. So your guess is as good as anybody.

Sitemaps aren't really that necessary any more, except for site that don't have an obvious way to be crawled.

No idea why. Most of the old school SEO type explanation like the slug, etc those no longer have any importance.

Maybe the depth of crawling. might have relevance. No idea.

I may well just take some time.

grep is your friend.

• Google has several sneaky ways of stopping people making a fast buck on the internet. If (like yours) you are on a financial related genre google will make you wait and wait before indexing your url's.

• FreeRoxFreeRox New
    edited October 2023

SEO can be a fickle friend, especially when it comes to forums. It's strange that Google has indexed your main domain but not the individual threads of your forum. Given that you've already tried the basics like updating your sitemap, it might be time to dig deeper.

A resource I've found helpful for nuanced SEO challenges like this is https://inquivix.com . They cover a lot of ground on different SEO techniques you might find useful.

Even though the thread is old, it might be worth revisiting this issue. Sometimes search engines take their sweet time in recognizing quality content, but you might want to try triggering re-crawls.

• henry78henry78 New
    edited October 2023

When it comes to SEO for newer forums, patience is key. It can take time for search engines to index and rank your content. Make sure your forum discussions are relevant to your target audience, and keep producing quality content. Additionally, consider promoting popular topics to attract more users and improve your forum's SEO performance.

• The same thing happens to me with tradingia.es

I'll have to be patient...

Thanks!