HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Category or discussion specific invites and user access control

Is it possible to create invitations that grant access to a specific category or discussion only?

I have only seen how to make role based restrictions but I want to be able to create many topics and then invite users only to the one they should have access to.

If not a built in feature is there an add-on that would enable this?

I also need to be able to create these invitations via the API

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

There is no single discussion view permission. Therefore you cannot do that with an invitation.

You can grant access to one category only, but Vanillas user access is role based. So everybody in the same role has the same rights. If you have ten different categories (A, B, C, ... J) which should only be visible for some people, you would need one role per category.

But there is no way to specify the role an invited user should get. You would need a plugin especially for that.

• Thanks that is the conclusion I had come to as well was seeing if I was missing something - perhaps a plugin that could have added the functionality needed but doesn't look like it's possible.