HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Is there an update available?

I would be grateful if someone can help…

We're using an old  2.0.18.4 version.

The company that hosts it has recently changed servers and say their server’s new operating software is incompatible with that of the forum’s outdated software. Consequently, whilst the headings of the posts can be seen, the content doesn’t display. Basically, the posts don’t open.

Having gone into the SQL database I can see the content is still there and could be extracted, but it’s going to be a long and laborious task. I was therefore wondering if there’s an update we can install and therefore, not have to export/import the data and create a brand new forum.

Does anyone have any idea if there's a fix for this?

Thanks.

Comments

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

Hi there,

I remember that the update back then wasn't too much of a pain. Maybe you follow the release disucssions here that mentioned specific update tasks that were particular important with the switch from 2.X to 3.X.

https://open.vanillaforums.com/categories/blog

I remember it was totally doable with some theme changes.

Maybe helps, but many here have been through that upgrade and are still alive.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • Many thanks for your reply and advice. We're now looking into it further, although confusing isn't the word!