HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Change asset name="Content" HTML

Hi

I'm using vanilla 3.3.

I want to create a theme from scratch, so I have 2 questions.

1) I could create the HTML structure and the folder structure, but the css is not loading so, I was wondering maybe the only css that loads is the custom.css or should I add more that one css?

2) Can I add the css I need from changing the Head asset?.

3) I need to change the HTML structure on the {asset name="Content"} I really need to change the HTML is not working with css, I know this is not recommendable, but I will keep every varible I see, just need to change the place of some things. How can I change that HTML?

Thank you so much.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Well, the asset Content ist built from several views. You can find those views e.g. in /applications/dashboard/views/entry/signin.php

If you think you need to change html in your theme (let's call it "fancy"), you would have to do a view override. Copy /applications/dashboard/views/entry/signin.php to /themes/fancy/views/entry/signin.php and change that file.

But that is really bad practice. If you can give one example of what you need to achieve, I most probably can show you the clean approach.

Your CSS file should be /themes/fancy/design/custom.css

If you still have problems, take a look at the network console and see which files cannot be loaded.

• Options

Thank you for your reply @R_J .

So the only css file It will load is custom.css, Can't I added any other?

I understant it's risky, but still need to change the HTML structure.

The discussion list should be something like this

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I'm no CSS guy, but looking at this very page where parts of the discussion meta is displayed right next to the discussion info and some meta is still kept on top of the discussion, I would think if flexbox isn't the answer to your question (but that's just what I assume, not what I know)

Just take a look at what is used here at this site: https://github.com/vanilla/community/blob/master/themes/open-vf-com/src/scss/components/_discussions.scss

As you can see there has been made a padding on the right site so that there is room for the two meta info blocks. Instead of those two, couldn't the desired four above be positioned like that with flexbox, too?