HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to access user profile in from Profile Extender info in static page created by Basic Pages addon

Hi Vanilla team,

I would like to create a page by using Basic Pages that can access extended profile info.

Vanilla 3.3 is in my development.

Sorry for my not so good English and unusual technical questions.

Actually I have two questions for Profile Extender addon:

1. Where is the extended profile info created from Profile Extender in the db?
  2. Assume that user chose one info in their profile already. Which table store this info? I checked in the user table but find nothing.
  3. How can I access this extended profile info on the webpage by PHP?

For the Basic Pages, I would like to ask

1. How can I add CSS and JS to the static pages? Where do I have to add my css into?

From the above questions, I would like to achieve below.

I want to created customized page for every user based on the info they provided in Profile Extender.

E.g.

User A has input: "cat" as his pet in his profile. (from Profile Extender)

How can I access "cat" from web page by PHP (or any other mean) when he already logged in?

I want to have automated greeting in text like:

Hi A, How is your cat?,

while the other users could be Hi B, How is your horse?

Many thanks,

NirvKunstler

Tagged:

Answers

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

You can find out which profile extender fields are allowed by looking at the config file. They are defined there.

User information of the profile extender fields is stored in the UserMeta table.

If you want to build a page that looks like a profile page, I would suggest you take a look at this example plugin

Couldn't you use html in a basic page? Can't you simply add script and style tags? But yes, they might be filtered out. Basic pages makes it easy to add some text, but if you want to implement some logic, you might be better starting your own plugin, which is not that hard. That plugin should get you started

• @R_J

Thank you for your insight.

I am studying your guideline and it looks very useful.