HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Help locating foundation-theme

hello,

I used to run a vanilla forum back in 2013/14 or so, when apparently it was much easier to edit and customize themes then it is now.

upon searching I found something called foundation-theme and can not for the life of me find a download for it but have read plenty up on it. Lots of literature no downloads? Seems odd. Is it not available on the open source platform?

also I keep seeing mention of smarty plugins? what is this and how do I access these as well if that’s a viable option. I have also done precursory searches for these as well.

and last but not least, there used to be a lot more premium themes available then I can now currently find. Could anyone please point me in the right direction of some very awesome themes? trying to get as far away from the standard forum as possible in terms of look but not feel or function. as rounded and aesthetically pleasing as possible.

Comments

• ErosEros New
    edited January 2021

so I should mention I’ve found the 2014/15 one

However as I read it, there just was a new one released not too long ago

thanks @Kaspar

i had already sent @phreak a message about it.

Also Email support told me to ask @dev

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

@Kaspar: Thanx for mentioning it.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • ErosEros New
    edited January 2021

Could you please let me know if this old 2014/15 beta version of foundation is in fact the only foundation? or is there a new one?

https://open.vanillaforums.com/addon/foundation-theme

• K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

You have a theme based on fundation here: https//open.vanillaforums.com/addon/sanmyaku-theme

But it has not been updated since 2018, I don't know if it still works.

EDIT: just tried the theme on a 3.3 install, it will need adjustments. (Yup, there should be discussion photos)

• ErosEros New
    edited January 2021

Thank you for the reply but, I’ve already tried this and banner picture does not change etc.

inwant foundation to be able to make And customize my own theme

I can’t get the banner or anything to change and there’s almost no ways to edit it or any other theme I find.

i also tried thay right away.

im really bummed my whole idea and community ran around vanilla being a better forum. I feel like I’ve wasted my time and I’m about to just cancel my VPS and say screw it.

if the forum can’t look amazing there just won’t be a forum.

that sammyaku isn’t terrible but there’s absolutely no way to customize and personalize it

smarty plugins?

what are smarty plugins can someone please explain further for me?

• K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭

If you know smarty you should know how to customize this theme. In this one, the logo is defined in the custom.css file on line 9144 😉

Smarty Plugins are custom smarty tags (for exemple the Fundation Breadcumbs plugin generates the {fundation_breadcumbs} tag).

• I actually kinda figured it out, And thank you so much for the help and replies it’s very much appreciated.

im not very big on tech know how but my friend helping me is.

I’m sure I will have more questions tho, I’m still gonna stick with vanilla now that I can customize it. Was getting frustrated yesterday as we installed and deleted three different vanilla releases 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Hi Eros, I'm in the same situation, where is the theme (lastes version)