HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Trying to Change Domain of Forum

I tried changing the domain of my Vanilla Forum (v 3.3). 

I had copied the complete forum to within a new local folder and uploaded it all. I pointed my new domain to the new folder and tried to open it with the following https://www.newdomain.org/forum/vanilla-core-3-3/package/

I was pleased to see that my experiment worked to the extent that the forum opened with the new domain name in the url address bar, but was not so pleased to see that there was a huge list of yellow “Debug Trace” Notices , mostly titled “Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated” and many lines on the list mentioning “garden-container”, which means nothing to me.

It maybe that what I was trying just isn’t possible, in which case I will have to tolerate the old domain, but I wondered if anyone recognized my problem and could point me to quick fix.

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

You see only notices, so there is no need for a fix. Such hints are for developers so that they know what to fix in order to ensure the script will run with future PHP versions where some "features" will be removed. You don't need to care about those notices.

1. Take a look at your conf/config.php and search for $Configuration['Debug'] = true;. Change "true" to "false"
    2. Open /index.php and ensure that errors are not displayed. You should see the line ini_set('display_errors', 0);.

• Options
    K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

Do not forget to clear the forum cache aswell.

While moving forums, I always had to clear the cache to not get the "something ent wrong" screen.

• Options

That's great. Now working as I hoped!

Many thanks.