HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Plugin does not work ScrollTop on Vanilla 3.3

TyrossTyross New
edited February 2021 in Feedback

Plugin does not work ScrollTop on Vanilla 3.3

Comments

• How to fix it?🖕🖕🖕

• pitkmipitkmi scifi-meshes.com

Runs fine on my 3.3? 🤷‍♂️

What's wrong with it?

• TyrossTyross New
    edited February 2021

Enabled, but it is not on the forum.

Is your page long enough? It only shows up, when you scroll down a little. You could check your page source code for a <div> with the id "scroller". If it's there, it's running.

• Yes, page is long.

Checked the source code of his page, with the identifier "scroller" He is not there.

Well, I'm out of ideas, Is your forum embedded or are you using it on mobile? Apparently it doesn't work on either. If not, try switching $Configuration['Debug'] to true in conf/config.php and see if there are any error messages maybe?

• TyrossTyross New
    edited February 2021

on Vanilla 2.5.2 forum, with the same database, scroll works.

<div id="scroller" class="btop" style="display: none;"><span class="btop-but">top</span></div>
    			<script type="text/javascript">jQuery(document).ready(function(){
    			$(window).scroll(function () {if ($(this).scrollTop() > 0) {$('#scroller').fadeIn();} else {$('#scroller').fadeOut();}});
    			$('#scroller').click(function () {$('body,html').animate({scrollTop: 0}, 400); return false;});
    			});</script>

• I can't understand what he needs 

• K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

As @pitkmi said, try to debug your forum.

I use it on 3.3 and it worked out of the box.

NB: Next time you want to open a discussion about an addon (plugin, theme etc) go to the Addon page, scroll down and click the "Ask a Question" button. It will show your question on the addon page.

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

@Tyross It may be a theme issue. Try another theme under 3.3 and check if it still happens.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • theme "Keystone "