HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Google Sign-in Changes Username To Public One

Does anyone else use the Google Sign-in plugin for their forum and find that it will sometimes change the users user name to their public name they have on Google? I've had this happen to my account about 6 times now and a few other members of the forum as well. Is there any way to stop this?

Comments

• Options
    K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭

Hi :D I had this problem too.

I did a "'fix" to this, that you can find the original source here:

You will have to edit the class.googlesignin.php file, and comment the line 45:

//$this->provider['ProfileKeyName'] = self::PROFILE_NAME;

then, when users will use the Google SignIn method will:

• If no account exists with the Google Account email adress, prompt a form to register with a username,
    • If an account exists with the Google Account email adress, but not yet linked to the google acocunt, asks the user to login their Vanilla account
    • If an account exists and is linked, it will directly login the user.

And the First Name / Last Name would be gone.

Be careful, on the next update of Vanilla, this edit to the plugin would be overwirtten, so don't update until you edit it again in the next release.

• Options

This looks like it solved the issue!! Thank you.

God these aging plugins and code just makes me more and more scared about supporting Vanilla. This forum software could be so awesome but seems like it get no support at all! I wish I knew code better to help but I'm just a hobbyist coder

• Options
    K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭

ahah don't be scared, Vanilla is still maintaned and most needed addons are aswell ^^

And almost everyone over here are hobbyist if you don't count vanilla staff ^^