HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Discussion Alert - Problem with Vanilla 3.3 with settings in admin

Hi,

In the admin when I want to do the settings I have a small blank window with my cursor and nothing else.

I have Vanilla 3.3

Thanks

Comments

• KasparKaspar Moderator

In

class.DiscussionAlert.plugin.php

Change

class DiscussionAlert extends Gdn_Plugin {

To

class DiscussionAlertPlugin extends Gdn_Plugin {

• KasparKaspar Moderator

Remember to clear cache

• RJFRJF New
    edited March 2021

Thanks Kaspar.

I modified as you said but now I have the message "You don't have permission to do that"

The cache to be removed is the file addon.php in the cache folder?

Sorry I am a new bee and I have a couple of questions like this but so far my Vanilla forum is ready to go...but needs to get some improvements.

• KasparKaspar Moderator

Did you give permissions to that role?

When/where do you get the permission error?

Are you trying to set alerts in a discussion in a category which is limited from havingg alerts set?

(See plugin description "Limiting the functionality to selected categories.")

Note: if you try to filter you need

https://open.vanillaforums.com/addon/filterdiscussion-plugin

• KasparKaspar Moderator

Oops, forgot:

Cache, yes that should do I believe.

I just cleared the whole folder when troubleshooting.

• Thanks Kaspar:

Those are the permissions for an administrator:

I have the error message when I press on the settings of Discussion Alert

I am sorry but you lost me there:

Are you trying to set alerts in a discussion in a category which is limited from havingg alerts set

?(See plugin description "Limiting the functionality to selected categories.")

I do not think that I have categories which are limited...I do not know how to set this.

• KasparKaspar Moderator

Ah, its in dashboard you get the error.

Which role do you have, does that role have Manage permission?

• I am the administrator and I can manage everything.

• KasparKaspar Moderator

Ok, then I am a little at a loss.

It be could plugin code issue or conflict with other plugins or something else.

Stuff to try:

clear the whole /cache folder

Try disabling plugins in order to troubleshoot

try setting admin=2 in database in order to pass permission check (User table, Admin column) !! ONLY for your own profile !!

@rbrahmson the dev of this plugin have not been online for some time but hopefully I he will get in soon'ish

@R_J might be able to help or point to some other(s) able to help?

• Thanks again Kaspar.

I disabled everything and then cleared the whole cache folder but no improvement.

I cannot set the database as I cannot have access to it...I do not have the entire control of the server.

I have several other plugins doing the same thing.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Which other plugins show that same problem?

Ensure that you have all required PHP extensions installed, make sure pretty urls are enabled, there is microscopic small possibility that your database table GDN_Permission is somehow "buggy". If the first two points are not the problem, export that table and post the file

• Thank you R_J to step in.

List of plug in with similar issue:

Aelia Advanced Analytics

Discussion Alert

CookiePop

Guest Message

Users Online

• Error List from debug

Notice Gdn_ApplicationManager->enabledApplicationFolders() is deprecated.

• #0 [internal function]: gdn_ErrorHandler(16384, 'Gdn_Application...', '/home/clients/c...', 952, Array)
    • #1 /mysite xxx//library/core/functions.general.php(952): trigger_error('Gdn_Application...', 16384)
    • #2 /mysite xxx//library/core/class.applicationmanager.php(188): deprecated('Gdn_Application...')
    • #3 /mysite xxx//plugins/Multilingual/class.multilingual.plugin.php(83): Gdn_ApplicationManager->enabledApplicationFolders()
    • #4 [internal function]: MultilingualPlugin->gdn_dispatcher_afterAnalyzeRequest_handler(Object(Gdn_Dispatcher), Array)
    • #5 /mysite xxx//library/Garden/EventManager.php(278): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    • #6 /mysite xxx//library/core/class.pluginmanager.php(810): Garden\EventManager->fire('Gdn_Dispatcher_...', Object(Gdn_Dispatcher), Array)
    • #7 /mysite xxx//library/core/class.pluginmanager.php(768): Gdn_PluginManager->callEventHandler(Object(Gdn_Dispatcher), 'Gdn_Dispatcher', 'AfterAnalyzeReq...', 'Handler')
    • #8 /mysite xxx//library/core/class.pluggable.php(137): Gdn_PluginManager->callEventHandlers(Object(Gdn_Dispatcher), 'Gdn_Dispatcher', 'AfterAnalyzeReq...')
    • #9 /mysite xxx//library/core/class.dispatcher.php(286): Gdn_Pluggable->fireEvent('AfterAnalyzeReq...')
    • #10 /mysite xxx//index.php(29): Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatch()
    • #11 {main}

Notice  Canonical URL http://forum.robertjuliat.com/index.php?p=/plugin/version-check-php !== http://forum.robertjuliat.com/index.php?p=/plugin/versioncheckphp.

• #0 [internal function]: gdn_ErrorHandler(1024, 'Canonical URL h...', '/home/clients/c...', 863, Array)
    • #1 /mysite xxx//library/core/class.dispatcher.php(863): trigger_error('Canonical URL h...', 1024)
    • #2 /mysite xxx//library/core/class.dispatcher.php(289): Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatchController(Object(Gdn_Request), Array)
    • #3 /mysite xxx//index.php(29): Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatch()
    • #4 {main}

Notice addSideMenu is deprecated. Use setHighlightRoute instead.

• #0 [internal function]: gdn_ErrorHandler(16384, 'addSideMenu is ...', '/home/clients/c...', 952, Array)
    • #1 /mysite xxx//library/core/functions.general.php(952): trigger_error('addSideMenu is ...', 16384)
    • #2 /mysite xxx//applications/dashboard/controllers/class.dashboardcontroller.php(150): deprecated('addSideMenu', 'setHighlightRou...')
    • #3 /mysite xxx//plugins/VersionCheck/default.php(26): DashboardController->addSideMenu('plugin/versionc...')
    • #4 /mysite xxx//library/core/class.dispatcher.php(872): VersionCheckPlugin->PluginController_VersionCheckPhp_Create(Object(PluginController))
    • #5 /mysite xxx//library/core/class.dispatcher.php(289): Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatchController(Object(Gdn_Request), Array)
    • #6 /mysite xxx//index.php(29): Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatch()
    • #7 {main}

• more

Notice Gdn_Plugin->getView() is deprecated.

• #0 [internal function]: gdn_ErrorHandler(16384, 'Gdn_Plugin->get...', '/home/clients/c...', 952, Array)
    • #1 /mysite xxx//library/core/functions.general.php(952): trigger_error('Gdn_Plugin->get...', 16384)
    • #2 /mysite xxx//library/core/class.plugin.php(165): deprecated('Gdn_Plugin->get...')
    • #3 /mysite xxx//plugins/VersionCheck/default.php(29): Gdn_Plugin->getView('vc-phpinfo.php')
    • #4 /mysite xxx//library/core/class.dispatcher.php(872): VersionCheckPlugin->PluginController_VersionCheckPhp_Create(Object(PluginController))
    • #5 /mysite xxx//library/core/class.dispatcher.php(289): Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatchController(Object(Gdn_Request), Array)
    • #6 /mysite xxx//index.php(29): Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatch()
    • #7 {main}

Notice /mysite xxx//plugins/Logger/design/css/logger.css: LegacyAssetModel::CssPath() with direct paths is deprecated.

• #0 [internal function]: gdn_ErrorHandler(16384, '/home/clients/c...', '/home/clients/c...', 952, Array)
    • #1 /mysite xxx//library/core/functions.general.php(952): trigger_error('/home/clients/c...', 16384)
    • #2 /mysite xxx//library/Vanilla/Web/Asset/LegacyAssetModel.php(207): deprecated('/home/clients/c...')
    • #3 /mysite xxx//library/core/class.controller.php(1882): Vanilla\Web\Asset\LegacyAssetModel::cssPath('/plugins/Logger...', 'dashboard', 'desktop')
    • #4 /mysite xxx//library/core/class.controller.php(1471): Gdn_Controller->renderMaster()
    • #5 /mysite xxx//library/core/class.pluggable.php(217): Gdn_Controller->xRender('<h1>Version che...')
    • #6 /mysite xxx//plugins/VersionCheck/default.php(29): Gdn_Pluggable->__call('Render', Array)
    • #7 /mysite xxx//library/core/class.dispatcher.php(872): VersionCheckPlugin->PluginController_VersionCheckPhp_Create(Object(PluginController))
    • #8 /mysite xxx//library/core/class.dispatcher.php(289): Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatchController(Object(Gdn_Request), Array)
    • #9 /mysite xxx//index.php(29): Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatch()
    • #10 {main}

pretty urls: is it linked to htaccess?

I can send my PHP dump if needed

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Not much time, therefore onl a short answer, sorry...

Search this forum for PrettyUrls and enable them

• Twisha_VarmaTwisha_Varma Ludhiana, Punjab New

You can clear your cache memory and try again or restart again

• rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

@RJF - sorry for the delayed response and thanks to those who stepped in my shoes. RJF - do you still have issues with the Discussion Alert plugin?