HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Rich Editor Problems with 2021.009

SystemSystem Admin
edited May 2021 in General Banter
This discussion was created from comments split from: Vanilla 2021.009 (formerly Vanilla 4.0) is now available.

Comments

• ElleElle New
    edited May 2021

Edit: Just noticed I don't have mysql installed on my local server. I should probably try that first 😅

Anyone able to get Rich Editor to work? Conversations are broken when it's enabled. Thank you in advance.

• Sorry for the double post. I've set everything up according to the requirements, but Rich Editor doesn't work. I'm unsure if I still did something wrong or if it's the same for everyone else.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

There is another requirement which is overseen quite frequently and that might cause problems. Do you have pretty urls enabled so that you got rid of that index.php in your url?

• Thank you for reaching out RJ. I think pretty urls are enabled. I also followed the guide on this page https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/220157/#Comment_220157

I'm trying out Vanilla 2021.009 on a fresh install and the url from one of those automatic generated conversations look like this forum/discussion/1/welcome-to-awesome

• So I just did a fresh install on my host (the other install was local) and it works! Unfortunately I don't know why so I'm not of any help there to anyone else. We're running our forum on the same host so I'm going to try to update from 3.3.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Great that you got it working. But just out of curiosity: has it been a Windows or Linux local installation?

• The local is Windows, the host seem to use Linux, or at least some Unix OS.