HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 2021.009 no categories found

edited May 2021 in Feedback

This has already been raised in the Vanilla 3.x Help section but since it applies purely to the 2021.009 update it seems worth raising here.

In essence around May 6th or 7th my host provider (or the Softaculousapp there) upgraded Vanilla to 2021.009. As a result all users except the primary admin (me) see the message "No Categories found" or "No Discussions found". Logging in and out made no difference (though if I log out I see those messages too but they disappear if I log back in.

I should stress that no changes whatsoever were made to the content or users of the forum - only the vanilla software has changed,

If it helps we are using php 7.3.27 and mySQL 5.7.34.

How can I fix this - how easy would it be to go back to the previous Vanilla version?

You can view the forum in question at kapforum.org

Dave Mitchell

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I disagree that it needs a second discussion for the same purpose. I will close this discussion in favor of this one: https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/38722/vanilla-2021-009-no-categories-found#latest

Somebody sent me his server credentials and I will be able to take a look at it in about 12 hours.

This discussion has been closed.