HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Q&A plugin causing "Something went wrong" error after upgrading to the latest version 2021.012

Hello,

I upgraded to the latest vanilla version 2021.012 and got this error "Something went wrong" and the forum became inaccessible, then I turned on debug mode and find that the Q&A plugin is causing the error.

Here is the debug error-

190:     // Make sure that $ActualMethodName exists before continuing:

191:     if (!method_exists($this, $actualMethodName)) {

192:       // Make sure that a plugin is not handling the call

193:       if (!Gdn::pluginManager()->hasNewMethod($className, $referenceMethodName)) {

194:         throw new \BadMethodCallException(

195:           "The \"$className\" object does not have a \"$actualMethodName\" method.",

196:           501

197:         );

198:       }

I deleted the Q&A plugin folder from the server and now I'm able to access the forum.

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I assume that's not the complete error message, since there is no hint on the Q&A plugin. Could you please share the complete error message?

If you want to disable a plugin but you cannot access the dashboard, you should edit /conf/config.php. Search for $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Whatever'] = true; and change true to false.

• Options

@R_J, here is the error title-

Fatal Error in Gdn_Pluggable.__call();

The "QnAPlugin" object does not have a "xgetUnansweredCountLimit" method.

Let me know if I need to provide the complete backtrace.

Kind Regards