HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Having an issue with styling after moving server

hey guys i am unsure if this is the correct place i have uploaded my forum to a new server but i am struggling to get any styling and unsure why the website is https://forum.mdoggame.com i will also attach a screen shot any ideas will help alot

Version 2021.009

Comments

• KasparKaspar Moderator

Which PHP version are you on?

Which theme?

Is it the same with another theme?

• mdoggamemdoggame New
    edited July 2021

hmm php version is 7.4.21

theme name Keystone

theme yea dont seem to change once i do try and change

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

You have got a permission problem. The web server cannot access the css files.

• were would the css files be location and i will double check

• just to me all permissions seem fine

• KasparKaspar Moderator

Would that be on the theme folder(general) or the specific theme folder?

Open the network console in your browser, reload the page and you will see several 403 errors. All those assets are restricted for your web server.

Not only the theme folder, several other folders must be readable, too

• thanks il have a look at that my forum is being hosted on a plesk server so mas permission change is going to take a while it looks like there are loads and im not sure why saying for me 89

• hmnm for me all perms seen fine

But if you try to load a cms file, you hit a 403 error

https://forum.mdoggame.com/applications/dashboard/design/style.css?v=2021.009

Normally the web server is user www-data. That user or group needs to have read access.I think 755 should be okay as your folders permissions

Theoretically a borked htaccess could also cause this, I'd say. So if your folders have permission 755 and it still doesn't work, please show us your htaccess file

• hey guys so i am still having massive issues with this. to me permissions seem fine would anyone be interested in dming me to see if i can maybe screen share to see