HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Fatal Error in PHP.gdn_ErrorHandler(); after updating to 2021.009

edited May 2021 in General Banter

Unknown column 'Visible' in 'where clause'

The error occurred on or near: /library/database/class.database.php

513:                     if (!$message) {
514:                         $message = $ex->getMessage();
515:                     }
516: 
517:                     trigger_error($message, E_USER_ERROR);
518:                 }
519:             }
520: 
521:             if ($pDOStatement instanceof PDOStatement) {

Backtrace:

Variables in local scope:

[sql] 'select uap.*
from `GDN_UserAuthenticationProvider` `uap`
where `Visible` = :Visible'
[inputParameters] array (
  ':Visible' => 1,
)
[options] array (
  'Type' => 'select',
  'Slave' => NULL,
  'ReturnType' => 'DataSet',
)
[returnType] 'DataSet'
[timerName] 'dbRead'
[tries] 2
[pDO] array (
)
[try] 0
[pDOStatement] false
[state] '42S22'
[code] 1054
[message] 'Unknown column \'Visible\' in \'where clause\''
[ex] array (
)

Additional information for support personnel:

• Application: Vanilla
  • Application Version: 2021.009
  • PHP Version: 7.4.16
  • Operating System: Linux
  • Server Software: Apache
  • User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:88.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/88.0
  • Request Uri: /dashboard/settings
  • Controller: PHP
  • Method: gdn_ErrorHandler

Best Answers

Answers

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin
    Answer ✓

Have you run "yourforum.com/utility/structure"?

• @R_J what is Database.FullTextIndexing ?

should I enable this?

• BleistivtBleistivt Moderator
    Answer ✓

@Vanillaplus No. These indexes are disabled by default from Vanilla 4 and have never been used. Unless you are using a custom search plugin (and there is none that I know of that would use these indexes) you can ignore this.

• webserviceswebservices Edmonton New

@Vanillaplus

I had the same issues as you. See my post https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/38763/vanilla-2021-009-update-errors

I had done the update on a cloned version then did the update from a fresh install of 3.3 then updated to 2021.009 and had the same errors in both cases.

• It is located at my hosting provider in directory : public_html/applications/dashboard/views/utility

How can I run this structure.php file?

thanks!

Simply add /utility/structure after the address of your forum and type that into the address bar of your browser

• thanks for helping me,

when I login into https://www.groenwaasmunsterwerkt.be , after updating to version 2021.009, the following message appears:

"Something has gone wrong.

We've run into a problem and are unable to handle this request right now.

Please check back in a little while."

The helpdesk of the hosting provider sent me :

[host www.groenwaasmunsterwerkt.be] Backend fatal error: PHP Fatal error: Unknown column 'Visible' in 'where clause' in /home/groenwmi/public_html/library/database/class.database.php on line 517\n

This appears to be the same error as the error mentioned above bij @Vanillaplus

When I type https://www.groenwaasmunsterwerkt.be/utility/structure, : the same message !

Please check if you have that problem: https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/263192/#Comment_263192

If your MySQL version is at least 5.7.8, then please add $Configuration['Debug'] = true; to your /conf/config.php and show us the error message that you will get

• the hosting provider informs:

we have MariaDB installed on our shared hosting accounts and the version is Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.3.21-MariaDB, for Linux (x86_64) using readline 5.1

• I added $Configuration['Debug'] = true;

the message I got is :

Fatal Error in Gdn_Database.newPDO();

An error occurred while attempting to connect to the database. dsn: host=localhost;dbname=groenwmi_vani329;host=localhost;dbname=groenwmi_vani329;charset=utf8mb4, error: host=localhost;dbname=groenwmi_vani329;host=localhost;dbname=groenwmi_vani329;charset=utf8mb4SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'groenwmi_vani329'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

The error occurred on or near: /home/groenwmi/public_html/library/database/class.database.php

235:                     if ($timeout) {
    236:                         throw new Exception('Timeout while connecting to the database.', 504);
    237:                     }
    238: 
    239:                     throw new Exception(
    240:                         "An error occurred while attempting to connect to the database. dsn: $dsn, error: ".$dsn.$ex->getMessage(),
    241:                         500
    242:                     );
    243:                 }

Backtrace:

[/home/groenwmi/public_html/library/database/class.database.php:133] Gdn_Database->newPDO();
    [/home/groenwmi/public_html/library/database/class.database.php:683] Gdn_Database->connection();
    [/home/groenwmi/public_html/library/database/class.database.php:444] Gdn_Database->slave();
    [/home/groenwmi/public_html/library/database/class.sqldriver.php:1831] Gdn_Database->query();
    [/home/groenwmi/public_html/library/database/class.sqldriver.php:956] Gdn_SQLDriver->query();
    [/home/groenwmi/public_html/applications/dashboard/models/class.rolemodel.php:260] Gdn_SQLDriver->getWhere();
    [/home/groenwmi/public_html/applications/dashboard/models/class.permissionmodel.php:640] RoleModel::getDefaultRoles();
    [/home/groenwmi/public_html/applications/dashboard/models/class.usermodel.php:5654] PermissionModel->getPermissionsByUser();
    [/home/groenwmi/public_html/library/core/class.session.php:494] UserModel->getPermissions();
    [/home/groenwmi/public_html/library/core/class.auth.php:64] Gdn_Session->start();
    [/home/groenwmi/public_html/bootstrap.php:697] Gdn_Auth->startAuthenticator();
    [/home/groenwmi/public_html/index.php:22] PHP::require_once();

Need Help?

If you are a user of this website, you can report this message to a website administrator.

If you are an administrator of this website, you can get help at the Vanilla Community Forums.

• PHP Version: 7.2.34
    • User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/91.0
    • Request Uri: /
    • Controller: Gdn_Database
    • Method: newPDO

C

• after updating PHP to 7.4

running https://www.groenwaasmunsterwerkt.be/utility/structure

results in the same message:

Something has gone wrong.

We've run into a problem and are unable to handle this request right now.

Please check back in a little while.

here the message after adding $Configuration['Debug'] = true;

Fatal Error in Gdn_Database.newPDO();

An error occurred while attempting to connect to the database. dsn: host=localhost;dbname=groenwmi_vani329;host=localhost;dbname=groenwmi_vani329;charset=utf8mb4, error: host=localhost;dbname=groenwmi_vani329;host=localhost;dbname=groenwmi_vani329;charset=utf8mb4SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'groenwmi_vani329'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

The error occurred on or near: /home/groenwmi/public_html/library/database/class.database.php

235:                     if ($timeout) {
    236:                         throw new Exception('Timeout while connecting to the database.', 504);
    237:                     }
    238: 
    239:                     throw new Exception(
    240:                         "An error occurred while attempting to connect to the database. dsn: $dsn, error: ".$dsn.$ex->getMessage(),
    241:                         500
    242:                     );
    243:                 }

Backtrace:

[/home/groenwmi/public_html/library/database/class.database.php:133] Gdn_Database->newPDO();
    [/home/groenwmi/public_html/library/database/class.database.php:683] Gdn_Database->connection();
    [/home/groenwmi/public_html/library/database/class.database.php:444] Gdn_Database->slave();
    [/home/groenwmi/public_html/library/database/class.sqldriver.php:1831] Gdn_Database->query();
    [/home/groenwmi/public_html/library/database/class.sqldriver.php:956] Gdn_SQLDriver->query();
    [/home/groenwmi/public_html/applications/dashboard/models/class.rolemodel.php:260] Gdn_SQLDriver->getWhere();
    [/home/groenwmi/public_html/applications/dashboard/models/class.permissionmodel.php:640] RoleModel::getDefaultRoles();
    [/home/groenwmi/public_html/applications/dashboard/models/class.usermodel.php:5654] PermissionModel->getPermissionsByUser();
    [/home/groenwmi/public_html/library/core/class.session.php:494] UserModel->getPermissions();
    [/home/groenwmi/public_html/library/core/class.auth.php:64] Gdn_Session->start();
    [/home/groenwmi/public_html/bootstrap.php:697] Gdn_Auth->startAuthenticator();
    [/home/groenwmi/public_html/index.php:22] PHP::require_once();

Need Help?

If you are a user of this website, you can report this message to a website administrator.

If you are an administrator of this website, you can get help at the Vanilla Community Forums.

• PHP Version: 7.4.23
    • User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/91.0
    • Request Uri: /
    • Controller: Gdn_Database
    • Method: newPDO

You have something wrong with your database username, password or database name. Please check that section in your conf/config.php and make sure you are using the correct login credentials