HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Fresh stand alone installation

osalmonosalmon New
edited November 2021 in Vanilla 3.x Help

Hi,

I've just installed the community on my server and it all went smoothly.

I do have lots of errors though and I can't find a good installation/debugging article or discussion feed.

1- I can't tag people. It says loading and stays like that forever

2- I can't upload an image. I'm receiving an error message.

3- I can't load the controller for the notification preferences.

4- I can't sign out (I'm using Google Sign In plugin)

5- I have a 403 error when signing in (Google) on mobile (only)

6- I keep getting the pop-up "You are previewing the Keystone theme" in the Dashboard. Cancel or Approve does not make it disappear,

Version: 2021 009

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    KasparKaspar Moderator

Do you have pretty urls enabled?

https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/220157/#Comment_220157

What is your hosting environment, like PHP version?

Use the Debug function, https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/259053/#Comment_259053 , add detailed error message here

I do not think I can help with this issue.

The ones that can would need some info, hence me asking you to post the above.

• Options

Thank you @Kaspar

The PHP version is PHP 7.4.25

If I change the .htaccess and config.php to enable the pretty URL, then I can't access the forum anymore.

I've enabled the debug mode. On the homepage, I have 2 Infos:

• Could not find file 'oauth2.css' in folder 'oauth2'.Info
    • Could not find file 'custom_default.css' in folder ''.

If I want to tag someone, nothing happens:

If I try to upload an image, I have a long error message. Nothing in Debug:

As for the notifications, nothing's capture in debug mode, and I got the spinner indefinitely:

I've also got an issue with the profile pop up. If I click on my profile (top right), there is a pop up coming up with some options. And I can't close it. I have to reload the page.

• Options

Note: moving the forum from a subdomain to a folder of my domain improved the forum behaviours.

I can now navigate and I'm not always redirected to the forum home page.

However, I still can't tag people and upload images.

I have more logs too. A 'notice' that seems to come a lot:

Trying to get property 'value' of non-object

#0 /home/customer/www/berkshiretrisquad.com/public_html/community/cache/Smarty/compile/vanilla^7b479231f2122739440b61d9afe10641e1e57ea3_0.file.default.master.tpl.php(341): gdn_ErrorHandler(8, 'Trying to get p...', '/home/customer/...', 341, Array)
    #1 /home/customer/www/berkshiretrisquad.com/public_html/community/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_template_resource_base.php(123): content_618e58c0539408_00322976(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template))
    #2 /home/customer/www/berkshiretrisquad.com/public_html/community/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_template_compiled.php(114): Smarty_Template_Resource_Base->getRenderedTemplateCode(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template))
    #3 /home/customer/www/berkshiretrisquad.com/public_html/community/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php(216): Smarty_Template_Compiled->render(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template))
    #4 /home/customer/www/berkshiretrisquad.com/public_html/community/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(232): Smarty_Internal_Template->render(false, 1)
    #5 /home/customer/www/berkshiretrisquad.com/public_html/community/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(134): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->_execute(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template), NULL, 'vanilla', NULL, 1)
    #6 /home/customer/www/berkshiretrisquad.com/public_html/community/library/core/class.smarty.php(146): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->display('/home/customer/...', NULL, 'vanilla')
    #7 /home/customer/www/berkshiretrisquad.com/public_html/community/library/core/class.controller.php(2230): Gdn_Smarty->render('/home/customer/...', Object(DiscussionController))
    #8 /home/customer/www/berkshiretrisquad.com/public_html/community/library/core/class.controller.php(1593): Gdn_Controller->renderMaster()
    #9 /home/customer/www/berkshiretrisquad.com/public_html/community/library/core/class.pluggable.php(217): Gdn_Controller->xRender()
    #10 /home/customer/www/berkshiretrisquad.com/public_html/community/applications/vanilla/controllers/class.discussioncontroller.php(336): Gdn_Pluggable->__call('render', Array)
    #11 /home/customer/www/berkshiretrisquad.com/public_html/community/library/core/class.dispatcher.php(933): DiscussionController->index('7', 'recipe-ideas', '')
    #12 /home/customer/www/berkshiretrisquad.com/public_html/community/library/core/class.dispatcher.php(335): Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatchController(Object(Gdn_Request), Array)
    #13 /home/customer/www/berkshiretrisquad.com/public_html/community/index.php(29): Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatch()
    #14 {main}

• Options

This is so weird. Logged as an admin, the forum seems to work fine (in terms of navigation)

If I log as a user with Google Sign In (right screen), then links won't work.

• Options
    KasparKaspar Moderator
    edited November 2021

Take Google Sign In out of the equation.

Create a user member and login with it regularly.

Still issues - look at the PHP extensions

• Options

Ok. I don't think it's an issue with Google. It's how the path wors (or doesn't).

If I use the default theme, all the links have index.php followed by a parameter.

If I use a different theme, it uses a relative path (or is it what you call pretty URL)? such as /categories, and in that case, nothing works.

Now, if I try to tage someone, it makes an API call: /community/api/v2/users/by-names/?name=mark*&order=mention&limit=50

But, I believe because the pretty URL isn't working, it doesn't return anything.

If I follow the instructions to get pretty URL working (.htaccess and config changes), I have a 500 error (too many redirects).

I could leave without tagging people I suppose. But I still can't upload any images.

• Options
    KasparKaspar Moderator

Rewrite url / pretty url is required

You did uncomment the line, removing # and added foldername, if in folder?

Try this

https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/259843/#Comment_259843

• Options

Ok, looks like using the .htaccess from Vanilla forum 2.2 did the trick. I will keep it as is. Thanks

• Options
    KasparKaspar Moderator

Superb.

Pretty urls active and all previous mentioned issues not present?