HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Hoster Recommendations?

R_JR_J Ex-FanboyMunich Admin

There have been permission problems in the recent version which I never fully understood but which could be avoided by using the mysqlnd driver. Some users weren't able to get their provider helping them and therefore are stuck with older vanilla versions.

May I ask those of you who are using Vanilla 2021.009 and a web hosting server to share which service you are using?

Thanks!

Comments

• I've installed Vanilla 2021.009 on the following:

• HostXnow (UK-based - I only used shared hosting)
    • ShockHosting (highly recommended Reseller account)
    • Altushost (highly recommended VPS account for EU based)

I will now try to install a fresh copy on Mechanicweb (also highly recommended - all locations)

So far it seems to run smoothly. The only real issues I have encountered are:

1. Unable to delete categories through the delete button (it's not there) even though the right permissions are set up
    2. Things have different options in dashboard/settings that they are in the database. (probably some caching issue)

These issues were encountered on all 3 different hosts including the VPS

My PHP: 7.4

• I don't know if you are looking for a VPS, but I can highly recommend DigitalOcean and Hetzner (the former also has a FRA location btw.)

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I just asked for somebody who needs to find a hoster where he can choose to use mysqlnd. He needs to switch and wants to be sure that he will not face that problem again