HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Fatal Error in Vanilla\Site\DefaultSiteSection.__construct();

hi so i'm new to Vanilla Forums i just found out about this forums software today and i downloaded a pre-bulit version of Vanilla Forums and the version of it is 2021.012 and i uploaded the pre-built version to my website and after the upload finished and when i went to the forms url it said this:

Something has gone wrong.

and i checked the logs and i found this error:

AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught ReflectionException: Class UserModel does not exist in /var/www/vhosts/mysite.com/forums.mysite.com/vendor/vanilla/garden-container/src/Container.php:620\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/vhosts/mysite.com/forums.mysite.com/vendor/vanilla/garden-container/src/Container.php(620): ReflectionParameter->getClass()\n#1 /var/www/vhosts/mysite.com/forums.mysite.com/vendor/vanilla/garden-container/src/Container.php(549): Garden\\Container\\Container->makeDefaultArgs()\n#2 /var/www/vhosts/mysite.com/forums.mysite.com/vendor/vanilla/garden-container/src/Container.php(750): Garden\\Container\\Container->createSharedInstance()\n#3 /var/www/vhosts/mysite.com/forums.mysite.com/vendor/vanilla/garden-container/src/Container.php(361): Garden\\Container\\Container->createInstance()\n#4 /var/www/vhosts/mysite.com/forums.mysite.com/vendor/vanilla/garden-container/src/Container.php...'

i thought something got corrupted whle uploading maybe or during downloading the pre-bulit? so i re-downloaded the pre-built and re-uplaoded all the files again and went back to my forums url and again same error and also the same error was there in the logs so i looked around trying to find how to fix this and i came across that if you put $Configuration['Debug'] = TRUE; in config.php then it will show more detailed error so i enabled it and went back to my forums url and this is what was there:

Class 'Vanilla\Dashboard\Models\BannerImageModel' not found

The error occurred on or near: /var/www/vhosts/mysite.com/forums.mysite.com

/library/Vanilla/Site/DefaultSiteSection.php

52:         $this->configLocaleKey = $config->get('Garden.Locale', 'en');
53:         $configDefaultController = $config->get('Routes.DefaultController');
54:         $this->defaultRoute = $router->parseRoute($configDefaultController);
55:         $this->apps = ['forum' => !(bool)$config->get('Vanilla.Forum.Disabled')];
56:         $this->bannerImageLink = $config->get(BannerImageModel::DEFAULT_CONFIG_KEY, '');
57:     }
58: 
59:     /**
60:      * @inheritdoc

here is the Additional information:

• Application: Vanilla
  • Application Version: 2021.012
  • PHP Version: 7.4.27
  • Operating System: Linux
  • Server Software: Apache
  • User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/REDACTED Safari/537.36
  • Request Uri: /dashboard/setup
  • Controller: Vanilla\Site\DefaultSiteSection
  • Method: __construct

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Use version 2021.009 instead. 012 shouldn't have been released...

• Options

ok thank you i will see if it works

• Options
    edited February 2022

ok so i downloaded the pre-bulit version of Vanilla 2021.009 and uhh now i got this SQL Error in the setup

• You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'json null, `dateInserted` datetime not null, `insertUserID` int not null, `inser' at line 8

i am running MariaDB version 10.1.48

• Options

oh and also i am using a host and it dosent allow me to change the MariaDB Version

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

You seem to know already what the problem is 😉

Your database is slightly out of date and doesn't support a required datatype.

You might want to share this with your hoster: https://endoflife.date/mariadb

10.1 is dead for more than 6 years now... Using such an outdated version is embarrassing and shows that security is no important topic for them. Even if they agree to update, you should consider moving to a more reliable service

• Options

ok thank you i will ask the hoster to change the MariaDB version and i will tell if they agreed and if the error went away