HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Upgraded to 2021.009 - Smart embed do not work. How to troubleshoot?

sgendrysgendry New
edited March 2022 in Vanilla 3.x Help

Hello,

I recently upgraded to 2021.009 and everything works fine...except for the fact that we cannot embed YouTube or Vimeo videos.

The url is automatically turned into a hyperlink and not a video, and I cannot paste embed code either.

Clicking on the insert media button does bring a pop-up window, but the "insert" button remains greyed out even when a valid url is copied there.

How do I troubleshoot and fix that?

Your ideas or suggestions are most welcome!

Thanks

Comments

• I don't know if this is of any relevance, but here is what the Google console says: DevTools failed to load source map: Could not parse content for [my forum]/75/styles.css.map: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0.

Not being able to embed videos is a big bummer :-(

Has anybody else also experienced something like this?

If I post something like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT-HBl2TVtI then all that displays is the link. You have to click on it to go to the source to view the video.

• sgendrysgendry New
    edited March 2022

If I try to insert media then the Google console error is "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'focus')

at HTMLButtonElement.<anonymous> (library-c19d9c43.b3ec63040aef54dcd27a.min.js:1:7730)"

I can't actually "insert" because that button is greyed out.

• Yes!

If you add # at the end of any url then the insert button works and so does the smart embed.

Thank you much for the tip!