HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

GDPR add-ons to help us being compliant - None?

Hello all,

I have just installed 2 Vanilla forums but unlike WordPress, I cannot find a module that analyze my cookies and allow people to unsubscribe from them(GDPR box). This is a bit worrying as it would involve a lot of custom coding to match the forums of wordpress(example).

Could you please confirm that vanilla has no built-in mechanism that allows this?

Remember, I am not speaking about the legal parts(terms and others which is the responsability of the host), I am simply speaking about a module that helps us inject our own terms and a popup that let people unsubscribe to certain cookies(which is now super easy to have on WordPress powered forums).

Kindly let me know, without this, I cannot use such platform.

Thanks

Comments

• Options

I would look for another platform. Open source Vanilla is on its last legs.

• Options

Yes this is what I did, I moved to another forum platform as Vanilla is just too out dated and some very important features are missing in the open source version. I am actually very disappointed at how the open source platform is built, very important features are missing.

• Options
    phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    • VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • Options

• Options

Thanks, but it is ok, we are all switching to Flarum, a lot better and faster, all the mods are free aswell. Vanilla is just too old and the support is non-existent. I gave up on it.