HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Profile page no index?

I don't want profile pages (.../profile/nickname) to be indexed by search engines, how I do?

Comments

• I don't want profile pages (.../profile/nickname) to be indexed by search engines, how I do?

• KasparKaspar Moderator

You may be able to adjust this.

At least see how it was done

• To prevent your profile page from being indexed by search engines, you can either add a <meta name="robots" content="noindex, nofollow"> tag within the HTML <head> section of the page or create a robots.txt file at the root directory of your website with the line Disallow: /your-profile-page-url, where /your-profile-page-url is the actual URL path to your profile page. These methods inform search engine crawlers not to index your profile page, helping to maintain your privacy and prevent it from showing up in search engine results. However, keep in mind that these methods are not foolproof, and search engines may still crawl and index the page to some extent. Website-specific privacy settings should also be considered if available.