Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Minor Annoyance

edited February 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
In vanilla when you sign out it says "Click here to sign in again" but then im thinking argh just give me a link to go to index. I mean why would i click the sign out button only to sign in straight away again! Return to discussions link would be a great start. The only reason i may log out is to see what my board would be like to a guest or something. I dont sign out for the thrills of signing in again. :P Well thats over.

Comments

• If you have your board set so only registered people can view it then it makes sense to go to the login panel. However, a link to the discussion index would be useful.
  • I was thinking this earlier and came to gigingers conclusions.
  • well maybe that can be an added variable. You know what i mean.
  • It is possible to correct this by rooting around in the People library code, but man is it a hassle.
  • Surely it'd be easier to edit the theme?
  • Well I edited both theme files and library files, but I can't remember which did what, and I think it's changed since then. This problem could be easily fixed if ReturnUrl worked for signing out like it does for signing in.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Make a new theme folder next to themes/vanilla/ called something like themes/mycustomvanilla/

go into /themes/vanilla and copy the styles folder.
    go to your /themes/mycustomvanilla and paste in the styles folder.

go to the root /themes folder and copy people_signout_form_validpostback.php
    go to /themes/mycustomvanilla and paste in people_signout_form_validpostback.php

Open up /themes/mycustomvanilla/people_signout_form_validpostback.php and edit it to look like this:

<?php // Note: This file is included from the library/People/People.Control.Leave.php class. echo '<div class="FormComplete"> <h2>'.$this->Context->GetDefinition('SignOutSuccessful').'</h2> <ul> <li><a href="'.GetUrl($this->Context->Configuration, 'index.php').'">Go back to discussions</a></li> </ul> </div>'; ?>

Then sign into Vanilla and go to the settings tab.
    Click the "Themes and Styles" form.
    Under themes choose "mycustomvanilla".
    Under styles choose "default".
    Check "apply to all users".
    Click Save.

Click the sign out button.

Watch the magic.
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    redirect your users that log out to goatse as punishment like I do!
  • Could this be implemented as an add-on?
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    mark, if it's not too late, you could probably quickly jot this into the admin panel/configs and rewrite the template to suit, if left empty it does the default dance. It's more of a template modification than being worthy of add-on status, unless that means we're going to also start doing template bits'n'pieces too, are we?
  • would it be toom uch to ask to have set in the official thing a check saying, if forum is viewable to public have a link to return to discussions on sign out aswell as sign in again?
  • A custom address would of course be neat. There are loads of places one may want to send people who sign out.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited June 2006
    I'm not making any more feature changes or additions before Vanilla 1.

If you want this functionality, do what I said above. It's super easy to do and works a treat. I don't see what the big deal is.

It will take you less time to implement than it took me to write the instructions to do it.
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    I shall dub it a "vanilla sopmod" then. IT IS SO!
  • mmm, what is sopmod??
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    Toivo, it's a millitary term for "Special Operations Peculiar MODification", not vanilla related, but I guess you can use it in that same context.
  • edited July 2006
    lol :P maybe there should be a extension for all the silly things :P it would be good. People keep fixing annoyances in it and when you install you choose which annoyances to fix or something. That would be good.
  • I'd like to show random pictures of sad look kittens on the logout.
  • of course. UTFG!
  • That could work, an extension, Anti-Annoyance. Make a panel with options to change all the small "annoyances".