Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Bring users from IPB?

ensens
edited June 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hello again, I was just wondering if it was at all possible to transfaer users from other forums... not specifically any but see if you can do it from like, say, phpBB then you can just transfer from IPB to phpBB then to Vanilla. That's all. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    That will work. You'd need to migrate to a 0.9.2.6 forum then upgrade it to v1 if you wanted though. The phpbb migrator wont go direct to v1 flawlessly (though it doesnt need much of a change i believe)

As far as i'm aware theres no direct ipb to vanilla convertors yet.
  • Options
    ToivoToivo New
    edited June 2006
    slightly different question - if forum has already 1-15 user id-s in a database (natural growth) and you will add 30-80 as direct import to mysql tables what will happen after 29th user, will it switch to 81?
  • Options
    I'm not entirely convinced migrating to an already accomplished dataset will work flawlessly so i strongly suggest you take a backup first, but yes, mysql will auto_inc to the next integer value which hasnt already been used since the table was last truncated.
  • Options
    I guess any real difficulty could be in passwords list. it is easier to create new pw & send it to email.
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    That depends if ipb migrates to phpbb properly. I think my migrator keeps passwords correctly.
  • Options
    ithcyithcy New
    edited June 2006
    toivo, in your case, mysql would skip over the values from 16-29 and start the next insert at 81. you should make sure that the auto_increment value for that table is at 81 after your insert of 30-80, though.
    why would you start at 30 and not at 16?
  • Options
    Whoa! Too much info.... So all I need is to migrate to phpBB and then to Vanilla? If so, where do I find the migrator from phpBB to Vanilla? Thanks.
  • Options
    Check out the phpbb migrator thread.
  • Options
    Done. Thanks. The migrator works really well. Good job!
  • Options
    :D
This discussion has been closed.