Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Best Wiki?

gigingergiginger New
edited August 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I'm looking for a good wiki for a project I'm about to start work on. I've had a look at MediaWiki but it seems a bit too big and unwieldy for me. I'm looking for something a bit simpler to maintain and setup but with more or less the same features as MediaWiki. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for that. Looks good to me. Also had a handy link to the wikimatrix.
  • Options
    I'm using moinmoin. Most of the staff here are not familiarized with the wiki syntax (myself included, ha), so I was looking for a wiki with a nice editor. But I'm glad you found wikimatrix, it's a very nice site to compare wikis, huh?
  • Options
    Yeah, it's done by the guy that made DokuWiki, tho it doesn't look biased.
  • Options
    Moinmoin looks quite nice. Having played with Dokuwiki for a while I don't think it's quite powerful enough. Wikimatrix is indeed very handy. I would never have guessed it's by the same person as Dokuwiki though. Really does come across as impartial.
  • Options
    I really like both MediaWiki and DokuWiki
  • Options
    Trac seems very popular this day. Tho, I'm still not convinced that it is a WIKI it seems more like a ticketing system or sumthin sumthin.
  • Options
    gigingergiginger New
    edited July 2006
    Trac looks worthwhile trialling too. Cheers Kosmo

Just as a general collaboration thing.
  • Options
    ToivoToivo New
    edited July 2006
    what is the best wiki if you consider security (not breakable by some hacker) wiki on a web server, for personal needs & information, so the security is an issue. I could always password protect the folder but then I have to enter logins twice. Not neat.
  • Options
    just found wikiwiki which is pretty powerful
  • Options
    Toivo: Sorry, I can't answer that question. I would assume MediaWiki as it's on the largest Wiki or most popular Wiki. Well I think so.

spinsaround: I shall test that too. Cheers :)
  • Options
    er sorry I meant http://twiki.org/
  • Options
    I just came back to ask for a link to the exact Wiki you were referring to but oyu beat me to it. cheers :)
This discussion has been closed.