Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Phorum 5.0.1x to Vanilla conversion

edited July 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi there, been using Phorum for a few years now but am looking for a better alternative. I'd really like to go for Vanilla. So my question is: has anyone written a conversion script for Phorum 5.0.1x to Vanilla? And is it possible to do? I've got around 1000 users and 12 000 posts in 4 forums. Any help appreciated! Cheers.

Comments

• shouldn't be too hard for someone to do ... I'm working through a very rough importer for Invision to Vanilla ... I've seen a couple of other forum scripts around
  • should someone write the basics "how to create migratiosn scripts"? or is it tailor work each time?
  • it's a tailor each time I think Although ... you could write one...... if you could figure out how Vanilla creates categories and posts ... you could use that funcationality I'm not, I'm writing my own sql read and write scripts .... just because it's faster ... but that does NOT mean it's accurate
  • I'm going to be switching from a phorum 5.x to vanilla 1.0 too. I wrote a csv mass user import for phorum (elementry school has their students listed in a big excel file). And I'm either going to port that csv thing to vanilla. Although that's just gonna be users, which didn't look too hard to do. But I suppose a migrate script wouldn't be that much different, not sure about how hard it will be for converting the forum posts though.
  • take a look at the scripts I used to bring Invision content over .... here's the discussion http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/3000/convert-invision-forums-to-vanilla-instructions-script-complete
  • i'm interested in this as well. this vanilla kicks so much ass over phorum 5.x, it's ridiculous.
  • I feel like I am stuck on Phorum with all the users and existing posts. All I care about is importing the messages. It doesn't bother me if all the users have to reset their user accounts. Is there anyone I can hire for this? Or is there some script or plug-in that has been created to help in the Phorum conversion to Vanilla?