Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

"Save," "Copy," and "Img Tag" options in Filebrowser

edited January 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I would love to use Filebrowser on my site as an easy art gallery for some of huge directories. The problem is Filebrowser image pages have "Save," "Copy url," and "Copy img tag" options at the top. I know removing these is not going to stop a user, but I don't want to look as though I encourage the saving of my files. Is there a way for me to edit that, or is it something that's embedded in the php code? I love the software and think it's the perfect solution to my gallery growing pains were it not for that one thing. Anyway, great work Mark. I'm quite impressed reguardless. :)

Comments

• 3stripe3stripe ✭✭
    edited July 2005
    Looking at index.php, you could probably just comment out the lines you don't want (don't take my word for that though until someone else confirms this...) starting at somewhere around line 550....
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited July 2005

Don't comment anything out

With the help of css, you should never have to touch the code in order to change the appearance of the application.

Just open up your _default.css file and add the following class definition to the bottom of the file:

.Options { display: none; }

and your saving options will disappear :)

• 3stripe3stripe ✭✭
    edited July 2005
    lol at myself... my alterations are usually of the hack & paste type...
  • Is this applicable only to the newest version? I wouldn't think so except it's failing to work for me using the previous version.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Pass over the url to your version and I'll tell you what you need to add. There were some changes made to the xhtml in the latest version.
  • http://hikarikat.com/mirana/figure/
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    .DisplayItemOptions { display: none; }
  • Perfect! Thanks a million. Again, fantastic work. :)
  • While we're on the subject of editing, or not editing thise part of the code... I was wondering how diffficult it would be to add some link, instead of "save" that would allow users to order prints of the image, through one of the various services out there that offer that. Should I do more research on those servies? does anybody else have any thoughts on this subject? I'm helping a painter friend of mine build a website, and he'd like people to be able to order prints of his art.
  • It's very easy to do. You just got to edit the index.php file. Look how well I integrated it in this site http://www.ksuicehockey.com/media/ . I also wanted to remove those links; however, we added wallpapers, and those are useful for easy saving. Though, I might remove the img tag link since I do not want hot linking.
  • Sorry for bumping an extremely old thread... and I'm aware that the FileBrowser is no longer supported but I was wondering if someone would be able to answer a question to a problem I have relating to it.

I use the FileBrowser to share print files with printers and have run into a problem relating to filesize. As far as I can tell if I have a PDF that is over a certain size the 'save' link doesn't work and reports that the file/link is missing...

I've looked through the index.php file but can't see anything the is limiting filesize... only one part that is feeding back filesize info.

Anybody got any ideas?