Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

What are you using Pages for?

edited July 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I originally wanted to use the PageManagement extension to create a Photo Gallery page. But now I'm looking for other ideas for Pages. My brain seems to be fried and the ideas are just not coming. So, I thought I would ask you. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    An About page. That's it so far, not very exciting, sorry...
  • Options
    a_ja_j
    edited July 2006
    News page.

Media page that has a php filebrowser script with audio, video, and images. Also allows uploading of files for people to share, and host images to post other places.

Also iframed another site that sells tickets on another tab (we're fans of a certain band that happens to be touring).

And of course the (with broken numbers and all) Participated Discussions page.
  • Options
    The Media page using filebrowser is a great idea. Would you mind sharing how you did this? This would be a great additon to my forum which I will be using for teaching. I have a lot of sample files to be used as exercises in the classes and would like to give my students any easy way to download them.
  • Options
    Sure...

I used this script:

http://evoluted.net/community/code/directorylisting.php

to make the directory page, created a new page with pagemanager, and created an iframe that pulls in the directory page in the new page html box:

<br><br><iframe src="http://yourdomain.com/directorypage" height="600" width="100%" frameborder="0"</iframe>
    looks and functions well.

Any other questions, just ask :)
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Thank you very much. That helped me in a couple of ways. It showed me the correct way to execute a script in a Page and you pointed me to a good tool to help manage downloads. And, you know [hitting myself in the head], I can use Filebrowser to manage my directory of downloadable files. Boy, what a goof am I? But thanks again for pointing me to this alternate manager. I'll look at both and see what I can learn.
  • Options
    Haha, that's right! I totaly forgot about that, too. I had already been using the other script before I discovered Vanilla, and just pulled that page in. *reminds self to check out Filebrowser cheers
This discussion has been closed.