Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Bug] Category Colour Changer

yeeyee
edited August 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Category Colour Changer kills Atom Feed 1.0 ===================================== XML Parsing Error: xml declaration not at start of external entity Location: http://club.ucme.cn/?Feed=Atom Line Number 2, Column 1:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> ^ =====================================

Comments

• i'm pretty sure that this won't affect the atom feed because all it really does is make a file and then add a link to the header for a stylesheet using the appropriate Vanilla functions if you can explain why this add-on will affect it please say
  • edited June 2006
    Yep, I'm getting the same error with those two extensions enabled. I have to admit that I don't really know how extensions work, but it looks like the Cartegory Colour Changer adds a blank line at the very top of the Atom feed (this breaks the feed because it has to start with the XML declaration.

And off topic, yee, what happens to the thread that's both sticky and sink? Does it sink, or does it stay on top?

I noticed one more thing. Using Vanilla 1-pre3, Windows (yes, yes) and Apache, I can set the category colours just fine, but when I go back to the Category Colours page, it doesn't show which categories have which colours, all fields are blank except the "default" field. In fact, the default field seems totally unchangable.
  • to bjrn, the thread is fine,but rss shows as below: XML Parsing Error: xml declaration not at start of external entity Location: http://club.ucme.cn/?Feed=Atom Line Number 2, Column 1:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> ^
  • I get this same error: XML Parsing Error: xml declaration not at start of external entity. I've never had the category colour change extension anywhere near my forum, and it's fresh as of 1.0

Is there anything I can do about this?
  • I've had all sorts of trouble with CCC as well. Have not been able to get it to work. bjrn, I've had the same problem being unable to set the colors as well.
This discussion has been closed.