Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

What's your current desktop background?

edited August 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I'm bored with my current wallpaper... Anyone likes to share his/her background? Post a screenie + download link please :)

I have this one (old, but still nice):

Download here

Comments

• there are over a million desktop images you can use, ever hear of google ? ;-)

http://images.google.com/images?q=imagews&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi
  • I know, I know :) But I want YOUR desktops :D Wallpaper gives a lot away about your personality!! (Okay.. I made that up..)
  • My first, (and my favorate) computer generated art was this peice called "inward outlook"

I am afraid I don't have a larger version at this time :-(
  • My wallpapers are now being stored here.
  • BenBen
    edited August 2006
    Mine's been Pepper Mono for over a year now.

My Desktop, 27th August 2006
  • NickENickE New
    edited August 2006
    Here's mine (background):
    Desktop
  • I've always been curious how people make the images they paste into comments here. So, I hope you all don't mind me asking. What were the steps you used to get your image into your comment? I teach and am always interested in the way others do things so that I can help me and my students better.
  • Desktop
    ..Just to know if it is worth going out...
  • "Wallpaper gives a lot away about your personality!!"

* ercatli sighs*

I just use the standard Apple Mac blue screen.

* ercatli hangs his head, shuffles out of the Vanilla forum, and buys a PC running Windows XP - and cries. *

: )
  • edited August 2006
    Here's Mine :)

Came from the stock collection on the Computer Arts Projects 87 CD. (Its the one with the noodles on the front)
  • edited August 2006
    let's see

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • or finally (and this one is big)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • My Desktop
    Ubuntu.
  • jimw, the way that I post an image is: 1 - go to a free image host like - imageshack.us 2 - upload your photo 3 - once uploaded, right-click and copy the relevant code 4 - paste it in here, in your comments box 5 - make sure the HTML button below the comments box is checked 6 - hit Add Your Comments!
  • NickENickE New
    edited August 2006
    Maybe using the thumbnails would be a better idea, strawberries (in regards to your earlier posts)
  • What I really meant to ask is how do you take a picture of you desktop and resize it so that the image will fit nicely in the comment? What tools do you use, if any? I guess I am not very good at this because all my screen captures never come out the way I want them. Maybe this question is more relevant now that we have some thumbnail images and extremely big pictures here. Thank you.
  • Upload the full-size to Flickr, and then use the thumbnail images Flickr generates.
  • I have this (the 1280x1024 one). And I've had it for quite a while now. I don't really like wallpapers with much on them. I like it when the whole left side is kind of neutral, dito for the upper and bottom right corners, where I tend to have icons.
This discussion has been closed.