Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

" And &

lechlech Chicagoland
edited July 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Found this little booger upon editing when placing '&' into the topic, editing, resaving, editing again (to move to a new forum) each '&' gets another new conversion.. watch it grow! appears that on the reversal something is being converted the wrong way :) edit # 5, houston, we have uh-oh.

Comments

• lechlech Chicagoland
    edited July 2005
    I also noticed that due to this bug, if you're editing another users discussion (as admin) in order to move it elsewhere. And if any of the special characters which usually get entity conversion are left alone in the title and you don't change it, then you essentially end up creating a new topic without realizing it. This has only happened once.
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    The problem: html entity conversions occuring to the thread title box upon edit. Instead the original character should be flipped from an html entity back to it's original form. Otherwise you're doing multiple unecessary conversions.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    So what is this about making a new topic, though? You actually save a whole new discussion when this happens? Or do you mean that you're just changing the topic title?
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    Go and edit my first post and check out the title. It's not the same as the actual title because the amps and quotes get stripped down to their html entity equivalents. When I found this on my installation, and was moving another users thread to a new category, as a result of the title conversions, I somehow managed to create a new topic (with that users original post) without actually moving the post.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    There ya go. All fixed up :)
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    steps to recreate include the following: make a new thread or take an existing one and change the title to include characters that would get turned to html entities or urlencoded: (&") and so on. You won't notice anything the first time around unless you go to edit that post. Upon calling it back for editing you'll see that the amps and quotes get converted to their equivalents. I'm not sure however what caused the doubled/recreated posting upon move though.
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    awesome.
This discussion has been closed.