Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

YH Beta Style

outbreakoutbreak New
edited October 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help

click to download!

i modeled this after the yayhooray beta style originally created by skinnycorp of threadless fame. enjoy!

Comments

• Love the theme, very nice work! I'm having trouble with the Categories page though. Seems like the hover style isn't working correctly. When you hover the category name I assume the background is supposed to be black and the words white (or whatever the actual colors are). But the words just remain the same color as the background changes to so you can't read them. Any idea how I can fix this?
  • hmm weird, i'll take a look and fix it. what are you running?
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    That looks dope
  • edited October 2006
    --
    I'm having trouble with the Categories page though. Seems like the hover style isn't working correctly. When you hover the category name I assume the background is supposed to be black and the words white (or whatever the actual colors are). But the words just remain the same color as the background changes to so you can't read them. Any idea how I can fix this?
    --

Same problem. Also, if I hover over the CategoryOptions links, I can't see the text.

EDIT:

When QuickKeys is enabled, the "n" on "Start New Discussion" disappears.
  • It looks great though. Well done.
  • I'm running 1.0.1
  • Nice work! I'm having the same problem with hover over category titles as nathan.
  • Anyone have any bigger screenshots?
  • NickENickE New
    edited October 2006
    I took the liberty of uploading some of the styles (currently just the ones I've downloaded, can put some more up later), which you can try out here as your custom style if you want: http://nick-e.cjb.cc/vanilla/styles/
    Looks like mark uploaded them all to lussumo, ignore this...
  • outbreak: thanks for the theme dude. it's really awesome and i know it came all out of only a day or so :)
  • thanks outbreak, i love it!
  • Anyone come up with a solution to the hover problem for the Category links?
  • sweet *runs and makes another humhum board*
  • i'll be fixing everything within the next day or so, i didn't even realize some of the things werent working properly because of all the customizations i made to my own board. glad you guys are liking it though!

outbreak: thanks for the theme dude. it's really awesome and i know it came all out of only a day or so :)

haha yeah, only a couple hours of work here. that explains some of the mistakes!
  • Wooohaaa!! Because Mark put all styles online, I tried this one... and it's fantastic!!! Well done!
  • The .CommentHeader and .CommentBody both have a white background, so they mask the full glory of the yellow-fade effect extension.
    Maybe you should change them to transparent.
  • >The .CommentHeader and .CommentBody both have a white background, so they mask the full glory of the yellow-fade effect extension.

Power to them!
  • ahhhhhh, ok. im not a big fan of the yellow fade extension haha. i'll fix it though.
  • I think it's quite useful. Maybe you could subdue it a little for your style?
    I don't know how it works. Is it possible to overide the yellow with another colour using just the stylesheet?
  • Yes I also noticed the yellow fade doesn't work well with the YH theme. oh well.. i'm keeping it anyway!