Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla and Apache/mod_userdir problems

edited October 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Well, I'm trying to develop a theme for vanilla locally, and so I have set up Apache with mod_userdir. Vanilla is in my ~/public_html directory, but Apache doesn't seem to see it. In fact, it acts as if none of the vanilla files or vanilla-related directories exist, at all.

So I was snooping around, trying to figure out what the problem was. And i found out that all the files show up if I remove the .htaccess file, which probably means I have a problem with my mod_userdir configuration.

Here's what I'm using:

UserDir public_html <Directory /home/*/public_html> AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit Indexes Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch ExecCGI <Limit GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND> Order allow,deny Allow from all </Limit> <LimitExcept GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND> Order deny,allow Deny from all </LimitExcept> </Directory>

I would be very grateful if someone could point out the problem here, or how to modify it to make vanilla show up. Thanks a lot! :)

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2006
    I figured it out. Here it is for the record if anyone else has this problem in the future:

EDIT: Whoops. Looks like I didn't figure it out, because the .htaccess file had dissapeared from the directory. So I'm struggling again to understand why it isn't working.

THis is a second call for help, it would be truly, greatly appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.