Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Category switch dropdown

byttebytte
edited November 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I'm trying to get the Category switch dropdown (also on this forum) out of the sidepanel and on top of the "discussions" page. I've been looking into the Documentation on how to do something like that. However, I'm stuck by "Control" and "PostbackControl" which is, as I assume, the most important part when writing an extension like this. On the other hand, it can't be hard, since Mark himself already wrote this extension for the sidepanel. Aaarrggghh. Any tips for getting me on the right way?

Comments

• Have you seen jazzmans category selector extension? I think that puts itself at the top of the discussion list iirc.
  • I find the original "Category Jumper 1" by Mark (places the category jumper in the sidepanel). Then I find a "Category Filter 1.0" Add-On by Jazzman, but that's also in the sidepanel. Not sure if you are aware of another one that I don't see?
  • Hmm. Maybe jazzman's changed it to work on the side panel. I'm sure it used to run along the top of the discussion list..
  • byttebytte
    edited October 2006
    Too bad. In my opinion it would definitely fit fine on top of the discussion list. Just to free the sidepanel from too much information & links (surely if you have a few add-ons installed). Apart from that... my main problem still exists. How to get that dropdown on top of the Discussions page?
  • anyone?
  • Bump... me needs it too. 50 categories and counting...
  • no one, really?
  • I've come to the conclusion that a different approach (split categories / category tabs) would work even better for me (also just at the request level)
    See http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/4348/
This discussion has been closed.