Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Drupal 5.0 beta is launched

I love drupal as most u guys already know. Now Drupal 5.0 Beta 1 is released with a brand new theme which allows u to change colors of ur site on the fly.
Avcourse it now has a web installer just like Vanillas and standardizes on jQuery. :)

Comments

• Why do you love Drupal?
  • Russ, I don;t know either, but most every Drupal user I know turns into an evangelist. It used to be difficult to install, difficult to 'theme' and diffucult to understand. Version 4.7 slightly solved the 'theming' issue, v5 is supposed to solve it completely. The install is easy these days, just get a MediaTemple GS account and click Install Drupal (4.7). Now all I have to do is spend the time to understand it properly. Bottom line seems to be that it's NODE-based. Everything content element is a node. Makes it a very powerful CMS, for free.
  • edited October 2006
    yeah web based installer is nice. but my fav is Content Creation Kit (CCK) and Taxonomy. I hated taxonomy cause it went over my head. i was like why not make categories. Then I read a book on drupal that explained it and now i'm in love. There is a video of CCK that will explain what it does. once u watch it u'll fall in love with it. http://zacker.org/screencast-drupal-mashup-machine
  • The Shopping Cart cms of Drupal is what I love about it also
  • tom, i heard the same too. russ, i understand that the 'evangelism' is rooted in a balance, generally, between the 'medium' blue and white colours (and another linked site) and the wide open spaces (no clutter). is there a Vanilla extension for their 'sub-categories' (news annou8ncements, etc) on: http://drupal.org/forum
  • that other 'medium' blue and white colours (and another linked site) is studiowhiz
  • The change your skin color on the user-end has been popularized by SMF themes. I'm not sure if they're using jQuery though or their own.
    In any case, style-switching is getting popular thanks to jQuery. I myself is creating a theme for b2evolution, my choice of blogging platform, the theme will have style-switching via jQuery.
This discussion has been closed.