Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Currency of saved searches

edited November 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I guess I'm being a bit lazy because I could wait and inspect, but perhaps this is of modest usefulness for reference:

When I click-launch a saved search, does it compute the search keywords (and results) afresh or does it load the search content as it was at the time it was saved, without incorporating new results?

I've never cared enough to notice, but am digging into some details.

Comments

• Pretty sure it computes the search.
  • Thanks - I'll actually pay attention soon and report back. That would certainly be the desired behavior.
  • TomTesterTomTester New
    edited November 2006
    It depends russ... (ie is it desired)

From a user perspective just saving the keywords is somewhat useful. Even more so if it were
    to notify me of new postings (results) appearing in the results (like the '1 new' notification).

Since it does not do that (I thnk?) there's something to be said for storing the old result set
    as a static page.

From the server/host/performance perspective I'd sure prefer a 'cached' version of the page
    over the 'new results for this query' feature I suggested.
This discussion has been closed.